Welcome to the Redway PTA, helping Redway Elementary School in California!
Below are our:
Mission, Vision & Values
The Parent Teacher Association
is open to anyone who believes in the Mission and Purposes of National
Parent Teacher Association. Individual members may belong to any number
of PTAs and pay dues in each. Every person who joins a local PTA
automatically becomes a member of both the state and National PTAs.
Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we
can continue to work toward PTA's goal of a quality education and
nurturing environment for every child.
PTA Vision: What the future will look like if PTA accomplishes its mission.
Making every child's potential a reality.
PTA Mission: The overall purpose of PTA
* A powerful voice for all children,
* A relevant resource for families and communities, and
* A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
PTA Values: What PTA stands for
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
We are dedicated to promoting children?s health, well-being, and
educational success through strong parent, family, and community
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality
of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek
input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
PTA Purposes: Historical goals of PTA
* To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
* To raise the standards of home life.
* To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
* To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents
and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children
* To develop between educators and the general public such united
efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest
advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
* The Local Parent Teacher Association